ChuCK's Words of Wisdom

If you thought you were, you might have actually been. Problem being, if you were unaware if you were while you were, then knowing that you were in fact really that way is a moot point. Unless you knew you were the whole time, then you would be an ego-bag.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Yumm, I love the taste of metal...

I actually caught this one last week while eating breakfast with Mrs. AmuCK. Both of us just sat there and stared at the screen in total amazement. I know I married the right woman because she looked at me and said "Sometimes natural selection isn't such a bad idea after all, I hope they stopped and only had one kid." Ahhhh that's my girl. Anyways, the story we were awe struck was about a young girl who ate several steel balls and magnets. She is 8 years old... Now, I'm not saying that all 8 year olds know not to put things in their mouths, but there comes a point where if you are THAT stupid... well, I'll let you read for yourself...

An eight-year-old Indiana girl swallowed 30 magnets and steel balls from a toy last month and, her father says, needed emergency surgery to save her from what doctors told him were eight gunshot or stab-like holes in her intestines. Haley Lents told Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez Monday she ingested the ten magnets and 20 steel balls because they "looked like candy." Haley's father, Jason Lents, told CBS News he "really" doesn't understand how Haley could have consumed the parts, because she "gets A's and B's, and we taught her not to do stuff like this."


Yup, you read it right... she gets A's and B's so that makes her smart enough not to eat metal... I am really happy that she is alright. Nothing bothers me more than a child in distress, but DAMN girl...

No comments: