ChuCK's Words of Wisdom

If you thought you were, you might have actually been. Problem being, if you were unaware if you were while you were, then knowing that you were in fact really that way is a moot point. Unless you knew you were the whole time, then you would be an ego-bag.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

War with Iraq, check. Soaring gas prices, check. Lamp in the White House...

Again I make the mistake of wandering the internet looking for something important and end up reading something that stops me in my tracks. President Bush has just made a wonderful public announcement on how he intends to finish his term. He has a well laid plan (as well as he can come up with) to conduct an act of repatriation one more time before he leaves office. I'm not sure if this is a follow up to his "I give up golf" comments, but it ranks right up there. Now I always take what I read on the internet with a pile of salt, especially from the Onion, but I just LOVE this article... here is a snippet...

With his term in office coming to an end in less than a year, President Bush announced Monday that he will spend the remainder of his presidency implementing an initiative that will have as-yet-unknown implications for his successors: the stealing of a coveted $27 desk lamp from the East Room of the White House. "Securing this lamp for my den in Crawford has long been a goal of my presidency,"

No comments: