ChuCK's Words of Wisdom

If you thought you were, you might have actually been. Problem being, if you were unaware if you were while you were, then knowing that you were in fact really that way is a moot point. Unless you knew you were the whole time, then you would be an ego-bag.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Counters Pina Colada

Ok, bear with me on this one... since we are on the subject of drinking until morale is better.... First off, I am not a doctor. I'm not a chef, nor am I a bartender. SOOOOOooo keep all of that in mind when you read all of this.

I started a mission a while back to make a sugar free (or as much as possible) Pina Colada for my sister in-law. In my search, I have been able to reduce the sugars in my Pina Colada to all natural and alcohol sugars. These sugars are much easier for the body to absorb, making this drink as close to “sugar-safe” for you or your diabetic and even dieting friends. So if you use the specific ingredients that I have found, you should be good. Now everyone is different and you should know your own limits. Don’t in anyway expect this to be the magic mix, it just happens to be the best that I have been able to put together in my search.

Complete list of ingredients to make approx 3 batches in the ‘ol blender, just enough to polish off the bottle of rum. Now I don’t condone getting all liquored up by yourself, but if you’re serving a group this will go fast.

1 Bottle of Cruzan Coconut Rum (Captain Morgan’s Parrots Bay is also very good in this mix, but I have found that Cruzan has a smoother taste in the blend)
3 13.5 oz cans Port Arthur Coconut Milk
3 6 oz cans of Dole Pineapple Juice
1 half gallon of Blue Bell “No Sugar Added” Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Enough ice to get the job done


2 cups of ice
½ cup Dole Pineapple Juice
1 cup Port Arthur Coconut Milk
1 cup Cruzan Coconut Rum
1-½ cup of Blue Bell “No Sugar Added” Vanilla Bean Ice Cream


Add ice (preferred chopped or in small cubes) then add all liquid ingredients into the blender. Blend ingredients down for approx 15-20 seconds. Then add the 1-½ cup of Blue Bell “No Sugar Added” Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Blend for another 30-40 seconds or until desired consistency is met. The ice cream really ties all of it together, making the drink more like a smoothie rather than a gritty traditional ice drink. To add a bit of flair you can even slice some fresh strawberries or add mint leaves and fan them across the top to bring some color to it. Any way you like it, the drink should go down just fine.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummmmmm ... sounds yummy ... and very little sugar ... YAY :D